Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Soundtrack to your Life...

The type of music I load onto my playlist everyday in the office depends heavily on what my mood is that day... if I feel peppy... maybe some R&B or Pop... if I feel angry, maybe some Rap or Rock... if I feel sentimental... maybe some Old Classics, or Religious music... Sometimes even listening to a certain song can change the way I am feeling at that instant... or reinforce the feeling even more.

Its unbelievable the power that music has over us... it has the power to generate emotions, or completely change them. These feelings are gripping and seem to emerge from nowhere. Music is perhaps the simplest medium which can colour our mood, affect our perceptions, and subsequently control the way we act around others.

Personally, I am most affected by music which not only sounds good, but has lyrics which mean something... of course, we all enjoy the songs which make no sense, are completly generic, yet still sounds good to the ears, but in terms of songs which we actually remember and love, I think lyrics which we can relate to are essential...

Which songs are unforgettable to you, and why? Which songs are the ones which have affected you, and maybe influenced the person you have become? What is the soundtrack to your life?

Today, I am feeling melancholy... so I am going to say, 'Bittersweet Symphony' by 'The Verve'... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3m4e45bTo

2 comments:

  1. Very well written sudip! I truly agree.. Music is Magic. Infact I think you can learn about ones personality/ character from their music choice. Especially I am fascinated how some songs motivate my running in the treadmill :D

    Fun stuff dude,Keep blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Di! FYI, I had Tamil on my playlist today... :)

    ReplyDelete