Saturday, September 5, 2009

Restaurant Review: Novelty Sweets and Restaurant

Novelty Sweets and Restaurant
6665 Fraser St.
Vancouver, BC

Was in the midst of whirlwind fundraising for UTSAV with my executive friends this afteroon, and consequently, was in the Main/Fraser area. After a few hours of soliciting/begging, it occurred to us how hungry we all were, and so we decided to stop at Novelty for lunch.

I generally don't like any of the lunch buffets in the Main/Fraser area, but I find this one to be bearable. It wasn't the first time I had been here, and I always go for the $7.99 lunch buffet. The buffet includes Naan, Rice, Butter Chicken, Saag Paneer, Aloo ki Sabji, Choley, Dal, Samosas, and Jalebi.

The thing I like about this buffet, as that for this price, the taste is very decent. Generally low price buffets tend to be made with low quality ingredients, and are bathing in oil, but this is not the case. Of course, Novelty is no high end restaurant, and the taste shouldn't be compared with places like Maurya, Raga, or Samosa Garden. However, for the price, I think it is an excellent place to drop in and fill your stomach without regretting it the next day. Personally, I tend to fill up on the Naan and Butter Chicken, but the choice is yours...

One thing though... the service is distinctly lacking. Although the place was very clean, we had to wait forever for fresh Naan and Samosas. We were seated at a table with not enough plates, glasses and forks, and had to help ourselves.

Service: 2/5
Ambiance/Location: 3/5
Food Quality: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment