Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Free Food!

The new term started up on Tuesday... which means that the campus is now flooded with Undergrads... Graduate students have this arrogance about them... we go out of our ways to mock and ridicule these lowly minions... probably just to blow off some steam after our professors mock and ridicule us. :P


As wonderful as it is to hear drunk Undergrads screaming like banshees until 3AM on every street on campus, and as fun as it is to be pestered with questions about Undergrad courses that we actually don't have the answers to, and as great as it is to no longer be able to get a seat on any bus because they are all filled with our young friends, there is actually genuinely one great thing about the term starting... the FREE FOOD!!!


Cooking is the bane of every student who lives on campus. However, come every September, we gain a 6th sense, the sense which allows us to detect all the free pizza partys, bbqs, orientation coffee, cookies, donuts and all the other free giveaways that come part and parcel with the start of the new academic year. As a student, we consider it our god given right to abuse the system, and go back for seconds, thirds, or even fourths until our tummys are filled... (or maybe thats just me).

Of course I am a special case... I have been doing this for years... my friend and I discovered this free food phenominon waaaay back in first year Undergrad when on the way to the arcade, we stumbled across the weekly Biological Gradute Students Society party which provided ample pizza and beer to all those who attended. Henceforth, we made it our business to pretend like we understood the discussions, and knew everyone who was there, all in the name of a few slices of Freshslice pizza every week. The days have gone where I acted like a Grad Student to get free pizza, and now the roles have reversed... yesterday I happily acted like an Undergrad so that I could score some free Dominos on Main Mall during Imagine Day celebrations... old habits die hard I guess!

So Undergrads, bring me your noise... bring me your questions... but above all, and never forget this... bring me your free food!!! :P

5 comments:

  1. yeah, I too acted like an undergrad to get free cotton candy!..lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... where was this? I went to the free ECE breakfast, but missed out on cotton candy... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I think you were in UTSAV's booth then. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahaha. I've turned into this free-food-monster as well! Every grad event that I go to has at least snacks (if not samosas, hummus and the works) and tea/coffee (if not wine).

    It's only been 3 weeks, but I already know which organizations have the most money (i.e. best food)

    I think it's our survival instincts at work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you are Ivy League Nabila... There will be high end snacks for you to mooch off of... nothing but the best wine and cheese for you... :P

    And yes, whenever I am walking around in a building, my nose always is on alert for pizza for me to sniff out and make off with...

    ReplyDelete