Friday, September 9, 2011

Just call me 'Bittoo'...

I have come to realize something... I may have chosen the wrong profession. Rather than 'Civil Engineer', I should have gone for 'Event Planner'.

Over the past few months, I have been working with the Graduate Student Society (GSS) at UBC as their 'Orientation Coordinator'. The work was part time, entailing a few hours a week. Basically I was responsible for helping to plan, arrange, and coordinate the Orientation Events which occur during the first week of September for new Graduate Students who arrive at UBC for their studies, along with the other GSS execs. It kind of took me back to my days on the UTSAV-ISA exec, only that we were dealing with a higher volume of students.

Orientation week was last week, and over the course of the week, I became a Tour Guide/Laborer/Manager/Waiter/Secretary all in the name of Event Management. All in all, everything went off with almost no problems. I sometime think this might be something I am naturally good at! Now just to find a 'Shruti Kakkar' for a partner... hmmm... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment