Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hiking

Summer 2011 is almost over, and the one thing that has stood out in my mind is the number of amazing hikes I have gone on this summer. I managed to find a nice group of people on campus who share the enthusiasm, and we went on 6-7 hikes located all around the Lower Mainland. They were all of varying amounts of difficulty, but at the end, I think we all felt a certain amount of satisfaction (along with exhaustion). The interesting thing is, prior to this summer, although I have always been a fitness enthusiast, I have never been much of a hiker. I am happy that this summer has changed that. I also came to realise just how blessed we are to live in such an amazing place where there are amazing natural landscapes to be discovered all within two hours of the city.

On a side note, I now accept that the post-hike meal, is undoubtedly the most satisfying meal one can enjoy! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment