Saturday, November 6, 2010

Restaurant Review: Cafe Mumbai

Cafe Mumbai
2893 W. Broadway
Vancouver, BC

Well, its been a while since I have written a restaurant review, as unfortunately, I haven't been out to a restaurant for a while! I guess this is mainly because in the process of writing so many restaurant reviews this year, my waistline expanded a few inches, and I decided to try and cut back a bit.

However, a few friends were in town for lunch last weekend, so decided to stray from my diet (which wasn't that difficult to do anyway), and went to a place I had been meaning to try out, as I had passed by many times. Cafe Mumbai restaurant is one of the more well known Indian Restaurants in Vancouvers west end, and shame on me for waiting so long to try it.

I had heard mixed reviews about the restaurant, as some people felt it was overpriced. However, I must say, that overall, I was impressed. One of my friends in particular was in a carnivorous mood, and so we ended up ordering mainly non-veg dishes, namely Chicken Tikka Kabab, Butter Chicken, and Chicken Vindaloo... and for good measure, we ordered a Butter Paneer, along with sides of Rice and Naan. For starters we ordered Papri Chaat for everyone.

Overall, I was very impressed by the taste of the food. Not too oily, nice and spicy, but not overwhelming. The proportions were good, as all 7 of us ended up with full tummys. Furthermore, the cost of the dinner was fairly reasonable, only $15 per head. The service was very prompt, but this was mainly because we had gone in during off peak hours during the late afternoon.

Definately one of the better Indian Restaurants in the West End of Vancouver certainly. I would recommend this place for lunch or dinner anytime.

Service: 3.5/5
Location/Ambiance: 3/5
Food: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment