Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bald Eagle

I decided to shave my head today... no particular reason, it is something I have done a few times before, and I feel that the hair which re-emerges is healthier and (hopefully) a bit thicker. Over the past 5 years or so my hair has been thinning a tad (which ironically is the time I came back to Grad School), and in the past year, I think it has started to get a bit noticeable to those who look closely. Since it looks like I am headed down that route anyway, I decided to have a bit of fun and see what it would be like to be bald...

Unfortunately, I picked a bad time of year to do it though, as it is becoming quite apparent just how much warmth hair provides to your head. I feel like wearing a cap all the time as my head is so cool! Overall though, its not so bad... I have started thinking about the advantages of being bald... saving so much money on haircuts... so much money on shampoo... the nice massage you get in the shower when the water falls directly onto your scalp... no more worrying about how to style your hair in the morning... and of course there is that 'badass' look you kind of get by being man enough to shave your head...

Maybe being a bald eagle isn't so bad after all... ;)

2 comments:

  1. ha ha, but bald eagles are not really bald..they have nice white feathers on their head.. there is a bird though which is completely bald. :D
    jokes apart, yes, you are brave enough to shave your head!

    ReplyDelete