Friday, October 2, 2009

Should my mouth be this bloody?

Just a short unplanned rant... I went to the dentist yesterday... I generally have good oral hygene, and haven't had a cavity in years. However, yesterday, I met the dental assistant from hell...

I think she was a new trainee, and she decided she wanted to experiment on my gums. 2 quick questions...?

1) Why do dentists/dental assistants insist on talking to you when they have instruments shoved in your mouth so you can't have a conversation with them anyway???

2) Why do they ask you if they should stop when you yelp in pain when they are just going to continue on with whatever they were doing to make you yelp in the first place???

Anyway, to make a long story short, this was the first time when I got out of a dentist chair for a routine cleaning and was actually spitting out blood... and was STILL spitting out blood this morning. Apparently she wanted to make sure that there was absolutely no tartar/crud on my gumline and she did a VERY good job of it.

What a lovely profession... you get to torture your client for 45 min, and then collect 45 dollars from them at the end of it... MAN I picked the wrong line of work... :S

No comments:

Post a Comment