Friday, October 23, 2009

Restaurant Review: Atithi Indian Cuisine

Atithi Indian Cuisine
2445 Burrard St
Vancouver, BC

After a while, I went out with a friend to a new restaurant... Atithi is a somewhat upscale Indian restuarant that was opened a few months ago... I had been meaning to try the food all year, and finally got a chance last nite.

The restaurant is actually owned by a Bengali... since we shared the 'Bong Connection', I was treated very well, and was very impressed by the service... they really went out of their way to make us feel at home. I also liked the ambiance... not too fancy, but still very chic.

We ordered the Chicken Biryani, and Jackfruit and Potato Curry... while I felt the portions were a bit small for the price, the taste was superb... the Biryani mixed with Raita was heaven, and it was nice to get an authentic Bengali dish like Jackfruit served in a nice restaurant for a change. We were also served with some lovely complimentary Kheer at the end, which will remind you of the type your mother makes...!

If you are looking for a nice nite out, and want to savor some excellent Indian cuisine in a wonderful environment, I highly recommend this restaurant. I know I will be headed back!

Service: 5/5
Ambiance/Location: 5/5
Food Quality: 4/5

4 comments:

  1. You and Anirban should go... your hunger will be satisfied! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this near Macdonald? where Cafe Mumbai used to be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Nabz, its past McDonald/Cafe Mumbai... in fact, its right on Burrard.

    ReplyDelete