Thursday, January 28, 2010

Restaurant Review: Stephos Greek Taverna

Stephos Greek Taverna
1124 Davie St
Vancouver, BC


Good food, good friends and good conversation. In my opinion, those three things are the key to a wonderful evening. While you will have to discover the latter two on your own, if you go to Downtown Vancouver, on Davie St, I guarantee you can find the first in plenty.


Stephos is one of Vancouvers most famous restaurants. It has become so legendary that no matter what day you go, you will always find a lineup of at least one hour outside. And believe it or not, it is absolutely worth it. I think Greek food is healthy, balanced and delicious, and at Stephos, this is even more so. The lamb dishes here are known to be the best on the West Coast, and the best part is, that the prices are extrodinarily reasonable. You can have one of the best meals in Vancouver for no more than $15, including a glass of wine. And by the way, I don't think I have ever had a meal in which the house wine complimented the main course so well.


On this occasion, I had a Souvlaki Platter, which consisted of skewered lamb, rice, pita/tzatziki sauce, and a salad, and as I said, the taste is definately the best Greek food in Vancouver. Although I have not yet tried it, I am told the Roast Lamb is heavenly, and I also would recommend you end the meal with a piece of Iki Miki (Baklava).


As for the latter two things I mentioned at the beginning of this review, on that particular evening, I was blessed with having them both in plenty, and although one of them was a bit inebriated, made for a memorable dining experience. ;)


Service : 3/5

Ambiance/Location: 4/5

Food: 5/5

2 comments:

  1. lol sudip... ur my bff:) i would never say anything bad about u :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... u better not dream about it either...

    ReplyDelete