Thursday, June 14, 2012

Restaurant Reviews

I have gotten extremely lazy with this blog, but am going to try my best to update it. For this post will very briefly review the restaurants I have been to in the past few months.

1. Saffron Indian Cuisine
4300 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC

Their grilled meat dishes were quite delightful. Good ambience, service, and decent prices. I recommend you drop in, if you are in the area.

Location: 3.5/5
Service/Ambience: 3.5/5
Food: 3.5/5

2. Boteco Brasil
2545 Nanaimo St
Vancouver, BC

Highly NOT recommended. The food was overpriced, and there was nothing authentically Brasilian about it. We payed about $20 /person for fried chicken wings and rice. Although the waitress was friendly, the service was terrible... we ended up waiting an hour for the food to arrive at our table.

Location: 2.5/5
Service/Ambience: 1/5
Food: 1/5

3. The One Cafe
6091 #3 Road
Richmond, BC

Dropped into this place on the way back from a Paintball outing. In general, was not impressed. Although the service was prompt, the dishes were oily, and not very appetizing.

Location: 3.5/5
Service/Ambience: 2/5
Food: 2/5

4. Pondok Indonesian
950 W. Broadway
Vancouver, BC

In general, I enjoyed this restaurant. Although a little bit expensive, I liked the food and the place seemed very friendly. My friends and I tried Karaoke for the first time in our lives here. However, later on, I queried one of my Indonesian colleagues who informed me that the food served here is not very authentic.

Location: 3.5/5
Service/Ambience: 3.5/5
Food: 3/5

5. Taste of Vietnam
1016 W. Broadway
Vancouver, BC

My friend and I had made up my mind to try out a Vietnemese restaurant, as neither of us had ever done so. It ended up being quite a struggle, as for some reason, that evening, all the restaurants seemed to close early. Luckly, we managed to struggle into this place at the last minute, and we were pleasently surprised. Although understaffed the service was good, and the prices were very reasonable. The spring rolls, and any of the soups are highly recommended.

Location: 3.5/5
Service/Ambience: 3.5/5
Food: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment