Monday, July 19, 2010

The ABCD theory...

I tend to avoid writing very much about relationships. The very subject tends to stir up emotions and is a magnet for controversy. And I end up taking alot of flak. However, I haven't posted anything original in quite a long time, and as such, I am going to put forward one of my theories on Male-Female relationships. I am sure girls are going to get upset with me as it may seem I am belittling them, and guys are going to get mad at me for giving away our secrets... still, presented for your consumption is the: "ABCD theory"


Postulate 1:

There exist 3 classifications of guys in the world...

Class 1: 'Nice Guys' (~20%)
Class 2: 'Normal Guys' (~60%)
Class 3: 'Jerks' (~20%) (I could use a more colorful phrase here, but this IS a family blog)

But how do you place a guy into one of these classes? Let me continue...


Postulate 2:

Almost every guy mentally places each girl they meet into four different categories, ABCD:

Category A: Someone whom he genuinely likes/loves and is interested in pursuing a serious relationship with.
Category B: Someone whom he finds physically attractive, and is purely interested in fooling/around with, nothing more.
Category C: Someone whom he likes and respects, but only as a friend. Not interested in a relationship at a given point in time, and probably never.
Category D: Someone who irritates him, and whom he doesn't want to have anything to do with.

Now, you notice, I said ALMOST every guy. In fact, this categorization is used by 'Normal Guys' and 'Jerks'. 'Nice Guys' do not have a Category B. They are nice enough to respect girls enough either to be seriously interested, or are happy just being friends. But their proportion is very low. Why?


Postulate 3:

Girls want nice guys for friends, but never in a relationship.

Honestly, I don't know what the reason for this is. Maybe girls find nice guys to be too much of a pushover, or maybe they prefer a challenge, I really don't know. Furthermore, I think many girls tend to use 'Nice Guys' to satisfy their own egos. Regardless, upon this realisation, most guys tend to try and act like 'Normal Guys' or 'Jerks'.

So how do you differentiate between these two categories?


Postulate 4:

Someone who plays 'The Game', and misleads a Category B or C girl into thinking they are an A to him, only to end up using her like a B is a 'Jerk'.

Please make note. For 'Normal Guys' HAVING a Category B is not an issue. There is nothing wrong with lusting after a girl as long as the feeling is mutual and she realises nothing serious is going to happen. They are both just in it for fun. On occasion, things might progress down the road, but if not, no big deal. However, a 'Normal Guy' will not lead a girl on. If he does, he has crossed over and become a 'Jerk'. 'Normal Guys' play 'The Game' exclusively with 'B' girls, while 'Jerks' are pretty much desperate losers who will do or say anything if they think they can get a girl.


Postulate 5:

'The Game' very much exists, but only in lust.

When you play a 'Game', it doesn't matter if you lose. Since it is lust, there will always be other girls to score with. Notice my use of sports terms... 'play', 'lose', 'score'. Thats why we call it 'The Game'.


Postulate 6:

Girls don't know the difference between love and lust.

Because girls don't know the difference, they end up misunderstanding a guys true interests, and end up being unable to tell the difference between 'Normal Guys' and 'Jerks'. They think a 'Jerk' is in love with them, when really, all they want to do is screw around. 'Jerks' are exceptional at playing 'The Game', and girls end up falling for them, even though 80% of the population is better than them. No one wants to admit they are wrong... and every girl wants to believe they are involved in some sort of a fairytale relationship. So consiquently alot of girls stay in relationships which are doomed to failure. Ultimately, it isn't fair to either gender, but I guess thats just human nature and how we are.

Well, there you have it folks. Guys, Girls, Egos, The Game, Love, Lust. I have tried to explain it all... My intention is not to offend anyone, so I hope no one takes this personally. Feedback, comments, and criticism will be graciously accepted...

8 comments:

  1. ooOOooo .. I wanna comment so much.. but ill try to keep it precise..

    1. Girl's categories for men :
    a. Marriage material
    b. BFF
    c. Hot stuff, I'm game !
    d. hmmm , meh.
    e. Jerks (ur version)

    2. Many girls know when they get into a lusty relationship. Guys flaunt it, to show off their masculinity; smart girls don't coz they lose points. (or so i read n hear)

    3. The ratio of men : women who go for lusty relationships is say 70 :30 .. ? that makes 70 % of the women who include ppl who just CANNOT , for the love of god, differentiate, and ppl who get dumped (who thought they played it well) and yet just move along. the rest 30 % are just as savvy as their male counterpart.

    But, its always interesting to hear every individual's take on relationships and observations. It keeps the topic every so tassty !
    Nice to see u opening up with such stuff ! good going.. Write more !! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Santhoshi, nice to hear from you! :)

    It seems as if you are saying many girls are much smarter/streetwise than they may pretend, huh? I like your use of the term 'points' ('The Game' again, I presume?) Well, I guess girls would be much better at explaining the female mindset. Thanks for the insights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting break down Mr. Smiley!

    As a female, not mad about what you pointed out, but I agree with you that most girls think that way...

    Fear is the root of it all..hmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks alot Ms. Smiley... glad to know the girls appreciated this post...

    Yes, for once, I was able to lay out my thoughts logically... :P

    Shall have to start following your blog now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your assessment in all points but the last one. But as the commenter above noted, there isn't just one category of "girls". So, if you modify it to "girls who can't swallow reality", we are in full agreement here. :)

    But then, a lot of gray area is due to (a few of) the "normal guys" who start out with (B) and turn it into (A). This makes an average girl to mistake a "jerk" for a "normal guy". Anyways, I was thinking of writing a note related to this topic, now I will go forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... you raise a good point Smitha. For some reason though, to me, it is quite obvious when I see a guy... I can usually tell if there is even a potential to turn a (B) into an (A) right from the beginning. Most guys can as well.

    You should start blogging, rather than just writing notes! I would love to start following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As long as we're talking about relationships: http://www.laddertheory.com/

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Color-coded... haha... thx for this! Actually, I had read this earlier, but I think that is an interesting theory as well!

    ReplyDelete