Saturday, May 29, 2010

On Top of a Mountain

Went for a camping trip this past weekend to the provincial capital of Victoria. As I have seen most of the sights about 9 times there, wasn't really much to be excited about. However, quite often, the group makes the trip, and got to go with a great group of people, to have a memorable time.


Undoubtedly for me, the highlight had to be the hike to the top of Mt. Finlayson, in Goldstream Provincial Park, just about 30 min outside of the city. I hadn't gone hiking since my Europe trip last year, and was a sobering reminder of just how out of shape I have become. On the other hand, next time I go hiking, I should probably remember to wear good shoes, not wear jeans, and keep some water IN my water bottle before starting up the hill.


More than anything in the world, I appreciate silence. There is something special about 5 guys sitting totally silent (although one of them was not quite silent) at the top of a hill just admiring the view after a sweaty journey. Since the feeling is kind of indescrible, I shall let the picture do the talking...




Special congrats to one member of our group who went hiking for the first time, and almost made it to the top! :) Well done!!!




2 comments:

  1. cool picture,
    "There is something special about 5 guys sitting totally silent"..if it were for 5 girls, it would be a wonder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... well, part of the reason the guys were so quiet was because we were too exhausted to speak!

    ReplyDelete