Saturday, April 10, 2010

Restaurant Review: Lacasita

Lacasita
101 W. Cordova St
Vancouver, BC


Why is it that I can never write a good review about a Mexican Restaurant in Vancouver? Hmmm... I wonder...


Lacasita is a Mexican restaurant located at the edge of Gastown in downtown Vancouver. I suppose the idea was to make the restaurant look as authentic as possible, and as such, it is decorated very nicely with a Spanish Movie playing on a flat screen TV, Sombreros on the wall, and a very cozy feel. However, it is equally important that the food be of the same high quality, and unfortunately, that is where Lacasita has fallen short.

I ordered a combo meal which featured 1 Quesidilla, 1 Flauta, Beans, and Salad. Neither was the taste impressive, as I found it to be quite bland, nor were the portions, which were far too small. I decided to order an ice cream to fill my stomach, as it was quite deliciously described in the menu, but turned out to be nothing more than a scoop of ice cream which you could purchase at any neighborhood Safeway with a bit of whipping cream and cinnamon on top. It actually didn't taste that bad, but I was just expecting a lot more.

I would suggest if you are in the area, avoid Lacasita, as there are better restaurants around in Gastown to enjoy.

Service: 2/5
Location/Ambiance: 4/5
Food: 2/5

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...Mexican food in YVR. The only one I've enjoyed is Las Margaritas...and that for the margarita pitchers :P

    although, their fajitas are quite good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, you are spot on... the only good Mexican in Van I have found is Las Marg... and I agree, the margaritas on a hot summer evening are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete