Monday, March 29, 2010

Pride and Prejudice

It's been a while since I posted anything. In truth, the past few weeks have been not too eventful... nothing earthshattering has really been happening in Vancouver/on campus, and I haven't had any great revelations to share with the world.

I have been having some random thoughts lately about peoples preconceptions, and essentially our prejudices. I have written blog articles in the past condemning people for being racist/biased against others for no reason. But I wonder, is it okay to have a prejudice if that prejudice is not hurting anyone? I have my own prejudices against people, thoughts, and ideas... but as much as possible I am tolerant of others, even if I don't accept/agree with them. Usually, I just dismiss anything I don't agree with, without actually considering the other side of the argument. I don't think that makes me a bigot, but I wonder what it is about this mind block that keeps me rooted in my mental comfort zone. Sometimes, I wonder if it has stunted my growth as an individual... hmmmn...

Sorry for the boring post people... next time, I shall try to write something more juicy.

2 comments:

  1. I actually thought you became an Austen fan...:)
    Too bad.

    This isn't even about romance.*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... I will try to come up with some more exciting posts this month Smitha... was a boring March. No love life to discuss, hence no romantic posts... :(

    ReplyDelete